Western Massachusetts is home to dozens of famous attractions and recreation destinations. For more information about these as well as lodging, dining, shopping and tourism, visit our Affiliate Partner and the region's tourism industry authority, the Greater Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.
A Glimpse of Our Major Attractions
- Yankee Candle Village- Shopping, entertainment and dining experience complete with a Bavarian Christmas Village, Nutcracker Castle and Home Store, Fudge Shop, do-it-yourself candle-making and Candlemaking Museum.
- Eastern States Exposition- Home of The Big E (held every September) the Northeast's largest fair featuring top-name entertainment, Big E Cream Puffs, The Big E Super Circus, the Avenue of States, Storrowton Village Museum, Mardi Gras Parade, animals, rides, shopping and foods.
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame- Exhibits, memorabilia and interactive areas and full-size regulation basketball court.
- Six Flags New England- New England's largest theme and water park Hurricane Harbor; ten roller coasters including the Superman Ride of Steel, ranked the "#1 steel coaster on the planet" and Batman The Dark Knight.
- Springfield Museums and the Dr. Seuss National Memorial- Four museums and the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden, for a single admission fee; free parking. Museum Store. Group rates available.
Click here for a full list of attractions